Monday, August 18, 2008

The end of the summer already?!

So it is officially the end of summer. The way this is determined is the fact that school has started! :( Now you parents out there are probably like "what! we were counting down the days for them to finally go back!" I on the other hand was hoping for a few more hours of sleep this morning!! haha! The first day of school did go very well however. I have 20 kids, but only 17 showed up today (pretty sure that number will change at least 5 times by the end of the week!) So far no major problems...but it's only been the first day. : )

(A few pics of my classroom this year)

Other than that the pregnancy is going well. Still feeling good and able to get around well enough. The only thing is that I have noticed that I seem to be getting bigger not only around the middle but every where else, ESPECIALLY my feet!! This pic is disgusting evidence that if I sit too long, my feet and calves suffer!! However, I'm realizing that my extremely swollen feet are making up for the fact that I haven't been sick or had any major complications thus far. So I've decided that maybe these tree trunks attached to my legs aren't so bad after all! : )

3 comments:

Fiagle Family said...

Katelynn has 14 kids in her class. See you need to move out here! Sorry about your feet. Has your dr said anything? Watch the salt. it always seemed to make me worse :( we are working one ella..most nights in a real bed!!

Anonymous said...

Your poor feet, OUCH! That does not look comfortable. What a trooper you are Mrs. Owen!

feetee said...

Holy crap, even the wrinkles in your feet are sticking out now! THat's horrible! It's ok Lindsey, I feel the same way about school starting. Blah. On the first day my Mexican Folklore teacher talked to us about STD's the whole hour! What does that even have to do with Mexican folklore?? haha